US Trips Abroad for the 2018-2019 School Year

Tyler Fertel, Writer

University School has long been a school that provides students with many opportunities to learn all over the world, and some of these trips have the potential to be life-changing or eye-opening for students who take advantage of these unique opportunities. This year will be no different, and there will again be many chances for students to travel with University School over the course of this 2018-2019 school year. Whether a student is looking to go somewhere warm or cold, international or domestic, near or far, there are plenty of options offered at US that can fulfill a student’s desires for a school trip abroad.

The soonest opportunity abroad is the Italy trip. This trip will take place over winter break and be focused on classical studies. Students will be able to learn the deep history about and surrounding the country of Italy. Of course, and probably more importantly for some, students will also be able to indulge in the rich dining culture in Italy, and a student can almost be guaranteed a full stomach throughout the trip due to both quantity and quality of the food available on the trip to Italy.

Another trip that students can take through University School is at the Yellowstone National Park, where a student can learn how a park ranger works and sustains a national park and its resources. The Yellowstone National Park trip will be over the summer of 2019, and a student will be able to live in Wyoming for a few weeks under the supervision of park rangers at Yellowstone. This trip will be a good option for those students who get excited by nature and the outdoors since a majority of this opportunity will consist of the student’s work in the national park itself.

The Island School is also an amazing chance for students to learn outside of the walls of our school and the borders of Ohio. This trip will take a group of students to the Island School in the Bahamas for a number of weeks, where students learn how to conduct research in a tropical location like the Bahamas. This trip is only available to Anderson Scholars in Science, but while this trip is the only one listed in this article that is exclusive to a select group of students within the school, it is certainly still an incredible opportunity for anybody looking to gather data and get a tan at the same time.

All of these trips are absolutely incredible opportunities that a student would not want to miss if he has ever had even a remote desire to study outside of the school boundaries. The Italy, Yellowstone, and Island School trips are such unique opportunities available at US that it is hard to say no to any of the trips, and a student would have a hard time not finding a trip right for them. By looking into the trips discussed above as well as those not mentioned in this article (like the Spain trip), a student will surely be able to find one option that particularly interests him and could be a worthwhile experienced that the student remembers for a lifetime.