2018 Track and Field Preview

Back to Article
Back to Article

2018 Track and Field Preview

Enea Cominelli, Staff Writer

Track and Field at US has always been a strong program. In the past, we have had numerous state qualifiers and always seem to give the top Track and Field Programs tough competition in meets during the year. This year will not be different. With several new coaches added to the team this year, Track and Field looks to do even better than last year.

Top performers in Indoor Track meets include Raedan Goldblum, Joe Kadlic, Jackson Papageorge, and Justin Iler; these athletes are expected to translate their indoor successes into the outdoor season. We should expect numerous regional qualifiers from the sprint and long distance relays, with a chance to have multiple individuals compete in the state tournament.

With several years of training under the scrutiny of Coach Richmond, the pole-vaulting team is also anticipating big things, with maybe even some qualifiers for the District and Regional Meets.

Not to be overshadowed, the new look Long Jump and High Jump Programs are promising, with big things expected from senior Jackson Papageorge.

All in all, this year, Track and Field is going to have a very exciting, and hopefully successfully, season. The cast that Coach Zappas has assembled possesses the talent, experience, and promise to make a successful run in the postseason.