CBA Preview

Dom Fracassa, Staff Writer

This year’s CBA season should be an exciting one, run by seniors Kyle McCorvey and Joe Fedro.  For all of you that do not know, CBA is the University School intramural basketball league, open to all students. This year’s CBA is going to have a few changes. The CBA season will not begin until the second semester, unlike last year where it started around the first week of December. CBA teams might also be allowed a couple more players than the previous maximum of 6 players per team.  Co-leader of CBA, Joe Fedro told me that he wants to change scheduling, so that each team is more likely to face another team with the same grade level.   These changes should be very beneficial to the new CBA season.  Last season had quite a few games where strong junior (or now senior) teams would easily defeat freshman teams.  However, the champions last year were a senior team led by Brendan Neumenitis and Reid Banbury. Assuming the strong junior teams from last year will return for their senior year, expect them to dominate an exciting year of CBA.  With the growing popularity of the CBA program at US, there should be a numerous amount of teams that will compete for the glory of being crowned CBA Champions.